*NOTE - the 5th Edition is available for pre-order. Copies will ship by April 30, 2019.
Nonmember price: $75.00
Member Price: $50.00
Enjoy a complimentary look at the following pieces:
- Foreword by San Jose State University President Mohammad H. Qayoumi
- Chapter One: An Introduction to Budgeting
- Chapter Two: The Political and Regulatory Environment
Budgeting is inherently political. Too often, short-term goals overrun long-term institutional interest. By presenting the many layers of budgeting models with a clear, comparative framework, author Larry Goldstein, demonstrates the organic link between planning and budgeting, making it crystal clear that budgets and plans represent two sides of the same coin. Updated throughout to account for recent issues in budgeting, the fourth edition includes coverage of factors essential to the success of the budgeting process, including open communication with stakeholders, clear articulation of the budget to the strategic plan, budget implementation and monitoring process, and the role of technology.
This book also offers new academic administrators and faculty:
- An introduction to budgeting
- Economic and political factors affecting the process
- How to budget in difficult financial times
- An insight on the role of the board in applying various budgeting approaches
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Larry Goldstein is president of Campus Strategies, LLC, a management consulting firm providing services to colleges and universities as well as organizations serving higher education. He previously served as NACUBO’s senior vice president and treasurer and as the University of Louisville’s chief financial officer. His campus experience covered 20 years in financial administration, including positions with The University of Chicago, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and the University of Virginia. Goldstein, a certified public accountant, earned a Bachelor of Accountancy degree from Walsh College and a Master of Science degree from the University of Virginia. He is a recipient of NACUBO’s Daniel D. Robinson Award in recognition of his contributions to higher education accounting and financial reporting.
Special thanks to the Budgeting Publication Advisory Committee for their insights, comments and advice in the review and development of this edition:
- Craig Becker, The New School
- Melody Bianchetto, University of Virginia
- Patricia Charlton, College of Southern Nevada
- Theresa P. Gordon, University of Idaho
- Linda Kroll, University of Notre Dame,
- Debra Lipkey, Gallaudet University,
- Jack Mahoney, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- John Sell, The College of Wooster
- Sue Menditto, NACUBO
- Tadu Yimam, NACUBO
Due to the release of the highly anticipated fourth edition (sold above), copies of the third edition will no longer be printed. However, the third edition is available in an electronic format through the Kindle and NOOK stores.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- On target
This book helped me tremendously. I learned more than I ever thought I needed to know about college and university financial budgeting. Really nicely done.
Price Value Quality