This handy desk reference will help you and your institution develop and maintain a professional environment for properly managing operations, while ensuring that students receive fair and equitable service. Written for business officers, financial aid directors, CFOs, controllers, and collections staff, Managing and Collecting Student Receivables offers detailed guidelines on:
- Billing administration for student accounts.
- Types of federal student loans and their requirements.
- Types of private student loans.
- How to collect educational debt, including litigation and bankruptcy.
- Third-party vendor management.
- Student financial literacy.
- Guidance for compliance with federal regulations.
Case studies, sample forms and documents, a glossary, and a helpful list of key resources make this guide a complete compendium you’ll reference again and again.