Have an eReader? Purchase a copy for your Kindle today.
Since it was first published in 1980, the Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education series has been acknowledged by leaders in the higher education industry as important financial publications and used extensively by trustees, senior managers, financial analysts, and credit analysts. Since the 7th edition publication in 2010, there have been significant changes in financial reporting and management by both private and public institutions. Credit rating agencies have also updated their methodologies to reflect changes in credit markets as well as financial reporting and management. This update addresses the following topics:
- Conceptual Framework of the Ratios and Expendable Net Assets / Net Position
- Calculating Expendable Net Assets and Net Position
- Using the Ratios in Trend and Peer Group Analyses
- Ratio Flexibility, Clarifications and Common Errors
- Evolving Credit Rating Agencies’ Methodologies
- Public Institutions and Post-Employment Obligations
- Upcoming and Potential Changes for Private and Public Institutions Example ratio calculations will make this update a compendium you’ll reference again and again.